Gary's 12 characteristics of work relevant online life are counter to what we generally see and experience in many (most?) organizations today:
- HR departments run amuck - creating the grand parade of lifeless packaging, where every employee must be categorized, standardized, within a 'fair' range
- Managers who reward behaviour that is counter to corporate "goals"
- The status quo gets rewarded
- Precieved "fairness" wins out over skill, aptitude, and working smarter
- Value Networks exist but aren't recognised
- Communication tends to be a one way street